Looking for a New Challenge?
How does becoming a life guard sound? Elswick Community Pool is undergoing refurbishment and will be reopening in September 2019 under community ownership. The pool currently has 12 FREE places on a Life Guard training course taking place in August, there will be up to 15 job vacancies when the pool re-opens (on both a full and part time basis).
You MUST meet ALL the following requirements to be eligible for the training course:
- Be 16 years or older
- Be able to swim 100 metres (both on your front and back) without stopping
- Be able to swim 50 metres in under 1 minute
- Be able to service dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
To be considered for the training you must pass a water competency test, this will take place on *Saturday 20 July 2019, and will take place at Jesmond Pool. The life guard training course will take place during the first week of *August (also at Jesmond Pool).
*All dates will be confirmed in writing
The following skills are also needed to be successful for the training:
- Being self-motivated and committed
- Hard working
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to give clear and precise instructions
- Be able to work effectively with other professionals in a team environment
For more information on the life guard qualification please see https://www.rlss.org.uk/national-pool-lifeguard-qualification
How to Apply:
Send a one page CV summary along with a paragraph explaining how you meet the criteria and why you wish to become a life guard.
Applications to be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
You must reside in the North of Tyne CLLD area to be eligible, please click here
for further details.
Closing date for applications – 15 July 2019
If you would like support with creating or writing your CV contact the Employability Teams at Riverside Dene and Denton Burn