Our CHEFF Project (Cooking, Healthy Eating, Fitness and Fun) is expanding and is looking for casual staff to help deliver
sessions! The aim of CHEFF is to
encourage families to lead healthier lifestyles by providing nutritional
advice, healthy eating classes and fun activities for all the family.
If you are interested in this opportunity
then please e-mail with an expression of interest explaining what has attracted
you to this post, a copy of your CV and what experience/ skills you could
There is no set number of hours; these can
be worked to fit in with you.
All applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on 27 March to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below an outline of the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead after school clubs, curriculum time, community sessions and holiday courses.
- Planning, preparing and delivering sessions to promote a healthy lifestyle which includes food, nutritional education and activities in a fun and interactive way
- Plan, prepare and cook healthy affordable snacks/ meals
- To carry out all monitoring outcomes of each session and evaluate the programme over an agreed timescale
- To work daytimes, evenings, weekends and school holidays.
- Create an environment that progresses self-esteem and confidence, whilst keeping it free from bullying or disrespect for others
- Encourage role models from local communities who can become coaches and leaders on the programme.
- To ensure the required health, safety, welfare and supervision of participants throughout the session including child protection policies are carried out.
- To carry out appropriate checks on equipment, venues and facilities.
- To carry out all monitoring and evaluation required.
- Be committed to issues of equal opportunity and diversity and be able to incorporate these in your everyday work.
- To ensure high standards of customer care and a quality service at all times.
- To administer the necessary procedures for any incident or accident that occurs to any participant under supervision.
- To undertake any necessary training.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This position will involve contact with young people and consequently, the post-holder will be obliged to demonstrate and maintain their suitability to work with young people. This will include a requirement to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
- Ability to organise, plan and deliver sporting activities and to evaluate every session
- Minimum of 3 months experience coaching young people in a sports/ activity setting
- Be available to work unsociable hours including breakfast clubs, weekends and school holidays
- Ability to engage with people from all ages and backgrounds
- Knowledge of safety requirements and child protection issues
- Good communication skills
- Must be able and willing to travel to venues across the city with equipment
- Demonstrate high motivation and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Effective communication skills and ability to motivate others
- Individual and group work skills
- Understanding and awareness of equal opportunities and ability to apply knowledge to the project
- Experience of coaching young people in all settings.
- Emergency Aid Qualified - you will be expected to undertake training within 3 months
- Level 2 Nutrition and Health – training will be provided as this is essential for the post
- Level 2 Food Hygiene – training will be provided as this is essential for the post
- Level 2 Circuit training
- Personal Training
- Qualified to Level 2 or higher NGB awards
- Full UK Driving License or must be able and willing to travel across the city with equipment
If you’d like to find out more about the post or talk though any questions then you can contact Kate via email.
with your applications