Do you have the West End's community at heart? Would you like to make a difference to life in the area?
Local people are at the heart of Centre West and its work - as members of our Board of Trustees or simply by putting forward ideas for making difference in our neighbourhoods.
Share your ideas
You can help us by getting in touch and telling us what is most important in your community. Share your ideas for making a difference and we'll see if we can help you to make them happen.
Over the past thirteen years, local people have used Centre West as their springboard for change. That has included:
- Giving residents a voice - and a seat at the table when decisions about the area are made
- Creating The Beacon - a £6.5m community business hub in a flagship building on Westgate Road (in partnership with Groundwork)
- Helping over 10,000 children and young people gain new skills and confidence through our community football project, Hat-Trick
- Supporting new and existing community groups
- Developing new projects to tackle issues like food poverty
- Working to tackle issues like crime, jobs and health, through the (now completed) New Deal for Communities programme
As a trustee of Centre West, you could help influence the future of local neighbourhoods - and we'll give you all the support you need to get started. But whatever level of involvement you would prefer, we'd like to hear from you.
Just contact Bruce Trotter on 0191 406 0290, by email, or send us a message.